The department aims to make a place at both national and international level by producing high quality ethically rich computer application engineers and IT professionals conversant with the state-of-the-art technology with the ability to adapt the upcoming challenges in information technologies and their applications to cater to the ever changing industrial and societal needs. It endeavors to establish itself as a centre of excellence in teaching and research to produce skilled human resource for sustainable nation’s growth and having technological impact on the people’s life.
- To provide the future leaders in the area of computer application and information technology through the development of human intellectual potential to its fullest extent.
- To enable the students to acquire globally competence through developing their problem solving skills and exposure to latest developments in area of computer application and information technologies.
- To educate the students about their professional, social and ethical responsibilities.
Programme Outcomes (POs) of BCA
Graduates from the department will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for computer engineering problems related to CE and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the computer engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological changes in computer engineering.
Program Education Objective (PEO) BCA
PEO-1: Demonstrate analytical and design skills including the ability to generate creative solutions and foster team-oriented professionalism through effective communication in their careers.
PEO-2: Graduates would expertise in successful careers based on their understanding of formal and practical methods of application development using the concept of computer programming languages and design principles in national and international level.
PEO-3: Exhibit the growth of the nation and society by implementing and acquiring knowledge of upliftment of health, safety and other societal issues.
PEO-4:Implement their exhibiting critical thinking and problem- solving skills in professional practices or tackle social, technical and business challenges.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO) BCA
PSO 1: To produce graduate technical human resource for higher study and software industry.
PSO 2: To prepare computer professionals who can program and give cost effective software solutions.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO) BCA Data Science
PSO 1: To produce graduate technical human resource for higher study and software industry.
PSO 2: To prepare computer professionals who can program and give cost effective software solutions for Industries dealing in the domain of Data Science.
The Department of Computer Applications has been established to nurture fresh talent in the field of Information Technology equipping them with a plethora of skills to choose an area of interest at an early age. The department firmly believes that theoretical knowledge supported by ample in-depth practical exposure is required to meet the challenges of this ever-changing field. As the world looks toward India for fresh and energetic talent in the field of IT, the Department’s mission is to shape the next generation of IT professionals with a concrete foundation, employable skills along with a touch of human ethical values. The courses offered aim at providing students with key knowledge in the area of computer science and predominantly the applications of the theoretical knowledge covered during the course.
At the Undergraduate level, a student goes through the foundation courses in Computer Science, Mathematics, and Humanities. The department ensures that the courses cover both Core and Electives as required. Students are given the opportunity to explore the conceptual underpinnings of Computer Applications — its fundamental algorithms, programming languages, operating systems, Database management systems, networks, human interface, and software engineering techniques. In addition, students choose from a rich set of elective streams that include Data Science, System Administration, Mobile Programming, Applications (Cloud, Web Technology, etc.), and Cyber Security.
- BCA Data Science
BCA Data Science is a 3-year advanced undergraduate degree in computer and mathematical sciences. The curriculum was developed to meet the needs of today’s IT industry. It is an advanced course in Data Science that enables students to get in-depth knowledge in Data Science and software application subjects.
Ms. Ruchika Aggarwal
Associate Professor / Head of Department / Deputy Dean Project & Training
Department of Computer Applications
Expertise: Mobile Computing, Programming languages(C, C++, JAVA, .Net, MATLAB etc.), Information retrieval, Computer Network, Operating System, Digital image processing.
Message from HOD
The Department of Computer Applications offers BCA courses under the banner of JCBUST, Faridabad (YMCA). The well-designed curriculum of BCA courses along with co-curricular activities such as Seminars, Technical quizzes, Project displays, Paper Presentations, etc facilitate the students to compete in the corporate world and for higher studies. Department of Computer Applications provides the student’s ability to serve the competitive and corporate world in the field like Information Technology, Project management, Information systems, ERP, System & Application Programming, System Analysis & Design, E-Business, etc.
We inculcate a problem-solving attitude in our students; at the same time, we encourage them to grow as effective team players with a strong set of ethics, communication skills, and zeal to outshine in the global arena. Rigorous monitoring is used to evaluate the progress of students through a well-formed continuous evaluation and feedback mechanism. A mentorship system helps the students to improve their overall performance.
The department possesses sufficient computer Labs systems which are used throughout the year to cater to students of the Computer Applications. Labs are equipped with sufficient hardware and licensed software to run Program specific curriculum and off-program curriculum. Each lab operates on a specific schedule which is dictated by the corresponding time table of the specific semester/branch. Each laboratory can accommodate a batch of 30 to 35 students according to capacity. Lab sessions are conducted to ensure the attainment of laboratory outcomes which in turn contribute to the program outcomes.
In total there are five computer labs in Department of Computer Applications, each having minimum strength of 24 & maximum strength of 35 with a total capacity of 150 System.
Usage of Open source software is promoted. Python, PHP, Latex, Java compiler and Android Studio, C/C++ compilers. The student-computer ratio is 1:1. Each laboratory maintains a Stock register detailing the equipment history within it. One Teaching faculty and a Lab instructor is in-charge of the overall functioning/maintenance of each lab.
The world is evolving toward technology at a very fast pace. Our day-to-day needs are fulfilled through our computers and smart phones. Anyone who gets a degree in BCA can get plenty of jobs in the tech field. You can also apply for various internships in the IT sector. If the candidate has work experience and all the necessary required skills then he/she can hold good positions in MNCs.
Opportunities after Course:
Some of the top job profiles after the BCA course are:
Computer Programmer, Software Developer, Software Analyst, Business Analyst, Database Administrator, Web Design and Development, Information Systems Manager, Network Administrator, System Engineer, Entrepreneur, Android and IOS Developer.
Bachelor of Computer Applications FAQs
What is the eligibility criteria for the BCA program?
BCA is a 3-year UG course that assists aspirants with upgrading their insight. Applicants should have 50% aggregate marks in 10+2 or equivalent assessments with computers as a core or an additional subject.
Which University is the BCA program of your college affiliated to?
Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) is a 3-year undergraduate course offered by many universities in India. A BCA degree provides students with the foundational skills required for a successful career in the IT industry. Echelon Institute of Technology is affiliated with JC Bose University of Science & Technology, Faridabad, Haryana.
What training and placement facilities are being developed in the college?
Echelon provides the best training and placement facilities to all students enrolled with the institute. “The last center” has organized all the essential things that students become industry champs and get placed in the reputed organization with a high package
What type of jobs will be offered after the BCA?
In today’s job market, a bachelor’s degree is increasingly becoming the new standard. That’s why a BCA is such a smart choice. Not only will you be qualified for more and better jobs, but you’ll also earn a higher salary. Software Developer, Technical Support, IT Analyst, Web Developer, Junior Analyst, and Computer Support Service Specialist are some job roles offered after a BCA degree.
What is the practical or lab facility available for students?
The infrastructure is good and well-maintained. Computer labs are available. The lab has advanced technology machines that enable students to learn and practice more. The faculty provides the best study and lab material that helps students to become a champ in the field.