The entire placement process is based on the general guidelines as appended below.
A.Rules and Code of Conducts:
- Transparency, fairness and equal opportunity for all eligible students are the hallmarks of the placement process at Echelon College of Engineering.
- Whenever a company proposes a visit to the Echelon College of Engineering campus, it sends a letter of confirmation about the date of interview, which gets displayed on the notice boards. Those interested in attending the written test/GD/interview register their names to the Training and Placement Cell of the Echelon College of Engineering.
- Once a student gets shortlisted by the corporate for going through the process of GD, Written Test etc, he/she cannot, on any account, withdraw from the process of that company. Violators are debarred from further subsequent placement process(es).
- It is the responsibility of students to be extra careful in maintaining the basic decorum, discipline, and decency at the time when the company representatives are on the campus for placement related activities or when they participate in the processes at the company’s premises. Any student violating these instructions is liable for punitive measures.
- Students found improperly dressed are disallowed from placement activities.
- Once a student gets selected by the campus process he/she cannot avail of further opportunities through the campus process.
- Students appearing for placement are expected to report at the time given and be well prepared by going through relevant literature such as the company website, company’s publicity material etc. They are required to be well groomed in formals, which would include:
- For Gentlemen: Shaven/full beard, neat and ironed clothes, well-groomed appearance. Full sleeves shirt and formal pants (Jeans & Khaki not allowed), leather shoes and a tie.For Ladies: Neat and ironed clothes, well-groomed appearance. Sari/ Business Suit/ Salwar- Kameez, Leather Sandals/Shoes.
- Not more than 7(seven) attempts can be availed of by any student in the final placement process.
- Students are not allowed to establish any kind of direct communication with any representative of the company. Questions can only be raised during PPT (Pre-Placement Talk) when allowed by the representative of the company. If clarifications are needed they must approach the TPC (Training & Placement Cell) for this purpose.
- Requirements of the company are taken care of by the concerned members of the placement/ hospitality group while they are at Echelon College of Engineering premises or at long distance. All kind of information to be sent has to be directed through TPC.
- Students are advised not to do anything directly or indirectly which may create a poor impression about the College of Engineering. Any student found disregarding any of the norms is liable for disciplinary action.
- Non-compliance by the students of any activity organized by the College of Engineering in the interest of placements shall be considered as an act of misconduct. Students found involved in such activities can be debarred from placement assistance in future. The decision of the TPC will be final and binding in this regard.
- Students are advised to abide by the final shortlisting done by the company according to their own felt needs and criteria, which shall not be called into question by any student either individually or by raising questions about this in the PPT. Violation of this rule shall lead to the debarment of the student from the process. The PPT queries from students should be aimed at clarifying job profile, compensation, nature of business etc.
- Students also cannot call into question once the shortlisting is done by TPC as per recruiters’ instructions.
- TPC reserves the right to modify or introduce new rules as and when required if circumstances demand such moves.
- TPC wishes ‘best of luck’ to all its students.
B. Placement Assistance:
Placement support is provided by College to eligible students. This activity is done under the aegis of the Training & Placement Cells. Periodically, students would be informed through the TPC Notice Board about summer internships or final placement.
Actual placements would depend upon the general economic and industry scenario, the academic and non-academic competencies including good soft skills developed by each student as well as the cultural fit of each student vis-à-vis the company, as determined by the recruiters visiting the campus.
While every effort will be made to enable each student to compete effectively for various positions offered by companies, the actual conversion of the opportunity into a concrete placement is the sole responsibility of the student. College, therefore, does not guarantee that a particular student will be placed irrespective of the student’s performance parameters.
The major components of the placement (summer or final) process are written/online test, G.D, Personal Interview, personality profiling etc. thorough domain knowledge. Recruiters expect students to be totally updated on current national and world developments, especially those affecting the economy and the impact of such events on the industry or business for which the recruitment is taking place. The recruiter expects to see the depth of understanding, analytical skills, and originality in student’s responses, whether it be G.D. or Personal Interview. Needless to add that a good CPI and proficiency in some extracurricular activity such as active club participation will be a very valuable add-on for the student, which can be acquired through hard work, extensive reading, especially of financial and general newspapers besides study of the course curriculum and last but not least, by regularly attending the class lectures, guest lectures, workshops and seminars organized by College of Engineering.
Please remember that companies are looking for proactive, energetic, diligent, well-rounded personalities who have indisputable integrity and values propagated by College of Engineering. The recruiter needs to sense the “hunger” for the job on offer for the candidate. The college will encourage and assist students to emerge as credible brands in their own right who are sought after by the corporate.
The entire placement process gets executed as per a detailed Action Plan prepared in advance at Echelon Institute of Technology.
Accreditation & Collaborations:
International Accreditation by International Accreditation Organization (IAO), USA.
Tie-ups and collaborations with organizations like NASSOCHEM CII, FICCI, CIDC, Microsoft Academy, Simplex Infrastructure Ltd. Oracle, Cisco, IBM, and Red-Hat.