To be recognized as a top-notch education provider in the field of Mechanical Engineering that empowers graduates to address the issues of society. Also, to guide students by organizing practical activities to make their name in the world.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering’s main goal is to teach, inspire, prepare, and guide applicants to succeed and grow as experts all over their careers in art, science, and responsibilities. It is achieved by:
- Our strategy is to give good facilities, environment-friendly surroundings, quality education, and key engineering standards.
- Participating in academic and insightful exercises reinforces the major’s provincial, public, and worldwide reputation.
Limited Program Educational objectives (PEOs)
PEO-1: To train students with practical skills and experimental practices related to core and applied areas of mechanical engineering to expand their knowledge horizon beyond books.
PEO-2: To enable students to design, develop and maintain mechanical equipment’s which are useful for the society.
PEO-3: To improve team building, team working and leadership skills of the students with high regard for ethical values and social responsibilities.
PEO- 4: To enable students to communicate effectively and demonstrate the knowledge of project management and independent research.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1) Engineering Knowledge: Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and mechanical engineering to the solution of engineering problems.
2) Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review literature and analyze mechanical engineering problems to design, conduct experiments, analyze data and interpret data.
3) Design /Development of Solutions: Design solution for mechanical engineering problems and design system component of processes that meet the desired needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal and the environmental considerations.
4) Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions in mechanical engineering.
5) Modern Tool Usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to mechanical engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6) The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to mechanical engineering practice.
7) Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the mechanical engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge and need for sustainable development.
8) Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the mechanical engineering practice.
9) Individual and Team Work: Function affectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings in mechanical engineering.
10) Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering committee and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write affective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations in mechanical engineering.
11) Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge & understanding of the mechanical engineering principles and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments in mechanical engineering.
12) Life- Long Learning: Recognize the need for, and the preparation and ability to engage in independent research and lifelong learning in the broadest contest of technological changes in mechanical engineering.
Mechanical Engineering Department is the driving force behind many of our technological and industrial processes. The Department is rightly recognized as the mother of engineering. Mechanical engineers require a solid understanding of key concepts including mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics, energy, and manufacturing. The benefit of this fundamental role is that the subject provides a wide choice of career opportunities in industries as diverse as food, pharmaceuticals, energy, petrochemical industries, and environmental protection and conservation. It is one of the oldest and broadest engineering disciplines. The department has well-qualified faculty who produce numerous publications in International/National journals, highlighting the emphasis on research and development. The Department has a modern workshop equipped with the latest machinery in fitting and machine shops.
Mechanical Engineering is concerned with all types of machinery in industries and all aspects of their mechanism and functioning- the design, development, construction, production, installation, operation, and maintenance. Regular workshops training, industrial visits, specialized lectures, and seminars are conducted to familiarize students with the working of machine tools found in the industry. They are also given project problems covering design, fabrication, testing, manufacturing aspects thus giving them opportunities to develop their capability to solve practical problems through the use of computers. The Department is committed to well-being and all-round development of its students and is to prepare the manpower that is globally best.
The department focuses on creative and innovative classroom teaching, teamwork, interpersonal communication skills, group discussions, seminars, membership in professional societies, clubs, and research activities. The department uses modern methodologies like LCD projectors, interactive lectures, guided case studies, industry interaction, literature surveys and project work for better understanding among students. EIT is one of the Best Colleges for Mechanical Engineering in Faridabad Delhi NCR.
Mr. Nausad Khan has been associated with Echelon Institute of Technology, since 2021. He has teaching experience of more than 7 years. He did B.Tech. in 2013 from M.D.U and M.Tech in Machine Design(Mechanical Engineering) in 2017 from NIT Kurukshetra. He topped BHCET Faridabad. He has published more than 32 international and national papers in several magazines of international repute Journals and Conferences. He has worked as an Assistant Professor and M.D.U exam coordinator and Deputy Superintendent for two years in AFSET College Faridabad and more than 4 years in DITMR Faridabad. He has attended many Workshops and FDPs and also a Organising member of international Conference IFERP as a Convener. His areas of interest are Static and Dynamic Analysis and CFD analysis by Using CAE Tools, Mechanics of Solids and Machine Design.
Message from HOD
Department of Mechanical Engineering, the foundation of Engineers, strives for increasing the knowledge, critical thinking and effective implementation of “Project Based Learning” for the betterment of the ever changing society through students, making our students more competent and skilled.
We always intend for the best Teaching Learning Practice with Effective Project Based Learning through highly competent faculty. The Department of Mechanical Engineering plays a vital role in the Academics of Mechanical and Humanities courses for engineering students. The Mechanical Engineering Department has a complete set up of very well established laboratories.
Department of Mechanical Engineering provides training on various Softwares and advanced technologies as per industry requirements by implementing “Value Addition Programme” from Semester III to Semester VI. The Department of Mechanical Engineering is also implementing “Course Level Project Based Learning” for various subjects of Mechanical Engineering.
Department of Mechanical Engineering provides “Industry Sponsored Projects” for final year students to provide them real time work experience in the industrial environment.
“When why is clear how becomes easy “
“Opportunities are Immense and Sky is Limit.” I wish the best of luck to the students.
Material Science Lab
Micro-structural microscope (600×200), Polishing machine, Muffel furnace, Fatique test machine, Cold setting moulding, Itching agents for different materials, Models of crystal structure, Model of crystal imperfection.
Strength of materials Lab
Universal testing machine and perform the tensile, compression & bending tests, Brinell, Rockwell & Vickers hardness testing machine, Impact tests (Izod & Charpy), torsion testing machine, Worm & Worm Wheel, Screw And Nut Of Jack, Double Purchase Winch Crab, Fatigue Testing Machine.
Fluid Mechanics and Machines Lab
Impact of jet over vanes apparatus, Orifice meter & venturimeter apparatus, coefficient of discharge of Notch (V and Rectangular types), friction factor for the pipes apparatus, minor losses due to sudden enlargement, sudden contraction and bends apparatus. Reynolds number apparatus, Bernoulli’s Theorem apparatus. Centrifugal pump apparatus, Pelton Wheel Turbine Apparatus, Francis turbine apparatus, Kaplan turbine apparatus, Hydraulic ram apparatus, Reciprocating pump apparatus and Gear pump test rig apparatus.
Dynamics of Machine Lab
Balancing of rotary mass apparatus, Epicycle gear train apparatus, Universal governor apparatus, and Motorized gyroscope apparatus, whirling of shaft apparatus, Flywheel apparatus, bifilar suspension, Different types of breaks.
Production Technology Lab & AMT Lab
Milling machine, surface grinder, CNC lathes Trainer, TIG/MIG welding set, Lathe machines, Shaper Machine, drilling machines. Electric discharge machine. Arc Welding.
Internal Combustion Engine Lab
Single cylinder 4-stroke diesel engine with rope dynamo meter test rig, Morse test multi cylinder 4-stroke petrol engine test rig, Double stage air compressor test rig, Battery ignition system with power supply Magneto ignition system, Ac pump actual cut section, Su pump actual cut section, Master cylinder actual cut section, Rear axle with differential actual cut section, Motor car steering model, Differential model, Centrifugal blower test rig.
Heat Transfer Lab
Composite Wall Apparatus, Insulating Material For Calculating Thermal Conductivity Apparatus, Stefan’s Boltzmann Constant Apparatus, Pin Fin Free And Forced Convection Apparatus, Heat Exchanger, Forced Convection Heat Transfer Cylindrical Surface Apparatus, Thermal Conductivity Of An Insulating Powder Apparatus, Emissivity Measurement Test Apparatus.
Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Lab
Electrolux refrigerator test rig, Model of semi sealed compressor, Model of open type reciprocating compressor, Model of hermetically sealed compressor, Model of rotary compressor, Model of automobile a/c compressor with clutch, Model of vacuum pump, Refrigeration test rig, Ice plant trainer, Water cooling tower..
Computer Aided Design lab
Computers with design software’s.
After B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering:
After pursuing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering you will have job opportunities in the Government as well as the Private sector. As a Mechanical engineer you are not only responsible to design the mechanical system but at the same time contribute to the testing, maintenance, and manufacturing process which makes an impact at each and every stage.
Design: In this department, you will be drafting the technical drawings, design criterion either manually or with the help of computer-aided systems. If you are good with drawings and computer software this is the ideal field for you, after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering.
Production: This job role mainly involves the supervision of the manufacturing process of components and machines. If you are interested in the manufacturing process and want to get experience with the techniques involved in production this will be a very good field for you.
Analysis & Testing: In the Analysis & Testing field your role will be to analyze & test the different types of machines and their parts in order to ensure that they don’t have any faults and function flawlessly.
Research and Development (R&D): If you want to explore technologies, then your job responsibilities in R&D will involve developing and designing of new products, doing market researches and further implementing them to find out the future possibilities.
Installation: In the Installation department you will have to install machines and mechanical parts at the industries and client location. If you have theoretical knowledge and know how to Apply it practically this option is apt for you.
Maintenance: Your primary role here will be to ensure that the machinery is working as per the specifications without any faults. You need to have practical and application knowledge as most of the core industries have a dedicated team which does the maintenance of their products, machines, and equipment.
Some industries that hire Mechanical Engineers are as below:
- Aerospace Industries
- Automobile Industries
- Thermal Plants
- Steel Plants
- Shipping Industry
When it comes to the Government sector, departments and organizations where you can get recruited after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering includes:
- Oil & Natural Gas Corporation(ONGC)
- Indian Railways
- Defence Research and Development Organization(DRDO)
- Indian Space Research Organisation(ISRO)
- Indian Armed Forces
- State Wise Road Transport boards
- Steel Authority of India(SAIL)
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL).
Scope and Future Prospects of Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical engineering, one of the oldest branches of Engineering, deals with the design, manufacturing, and maintenance of machines. With the advent of modern technology, the domain of this evergreen branch of engineering has extended and now its students are opting for learning robotics, nanotechnology, etc. Now, you may be wondering, whether students should still opt for mechanical engineering or not. The lack of job offers to graduates has de-motivated students to choose mechanical engineering as a stream. But don’t worry, Mechanical Engineer jobs in Mumbai are increasing day by day and are offering lucrative opportunities to skilled mechanical engineer students.
Scope of Mechanical Engineering
The scope of mechanical engineering includes the design and manufacturing of industrial machinery, the best state-of-the-art motor vehicles, and aircraft. Moreover, the maintenance and testing of such machinery are key responsibilities of mechanical engineers. The mechanical engineering field engulfs the concepts of thermodynamics, mechanics, fluids, and structural analysis. Not only machinery and vehicles, mechanical engineers learn to develop engines, complex machinery systems, and power equipment. They learn the application of material science, physics, and applied mathematics.
New Trends & Future Scope
With the advancement of new technology, the scope of mechanical engineering has expanded and new domain includes robotics, geomechanics, nanotechnology, and computer-aided design. Many engineers opt for robotics and mechatronics, which are the combinations of mechanical engineering stream with other streams.
- Robotics : Robotics is a combined stream of mechanical engineering, computer science, and electrical engineering. It aims at designing and developing robotic systems. Mechanical engineering aims to develop computer systems that control robotic systems. The demand for Robotics as a stream is expected to grow in the coming decade with the start of the AI revolution.
- Mechatronics : Mechatronics is a combination of mechanical engineering, IT (Information Technology), and electrical engineering. The scope of mechatronics ranges from designing complex engineering systems to processing automation.
With the widening of the scope of mechanical engineering, mechanical engineers are not limited to the manufacturing industry anymore but also they get the opportunity in other industries with good remuneration packages. But of course, these facilities are for skilled and proficient engineers.
The Present Market Scenario
Though the average yearly income of mechanical engineers is below Rs.3.5 lakhs, knowledge of robotics and electrical systems will help you to get a better pay package. Though now the pay offer is lower than computer science, it will rise again. According to the global consultancy firm Deloitte, India is expected to create more new opportunities for mechanical engineers in India in the nearby future.
Job Prospects For Mechanical Engineers
- Designing :Drafting technical sketches with tools or computers
- Production :Supervision of the manufacturing machines and production process
- Testing :Testing of machine parts and checking for faults
- Installation & Maintenance: Installation of machine parts and their proper maintenance
- Research :Research and implement newfound products using the latest technologies
Top Recruiting industries For Skilled Mechanical engineers
There will be always a huge demand for skilled mechanical engineers in the following top industries:
- Automobile Industry
- Aerospace Industry
- Robotics And Mechatronics
- Power And Metal Plants
There will be a gap between the demand and supply of mechanical engineers in near future. The demand for skilled mechanical engineers will exceed the supply. Though several new trends and technologies have been introduced, most of the colleges follow the old curriculum. Therefore, there is a lack of skilled engineers. The lack of skills and proper knowledge in mechanical engineers are throwing challenges to newly graduated engineers to get a good job. Now it is the responsibility of all mechanical engineering colleges to bridge the skill gap. The mechanical engineers should be well-versed with new technological knowledge, coding, and communication skills.
Major industries that employ mechanical engineers include Defence Services, DRDO, ISRO, Automobiles, space research, aeronautical, railways, energy and utilities, air conditioning, bio-mechanical industry. Other major employers include giant manufacturing plants, air conditioning and refrigeration industry, turbine manufacturing plants, oil and gas exploration and refining industries, and the agricultural sector.
In the government sector like civil services, engineering services, etc. Mechanical engineers can provide their knowledge to various government-run projects in the role of technical experts and consultants. They can also work in private engineering companies that provide technical consultancy to both government and corporate firms.
Salient features and USP in Mechanical Engineering:
- Mechanical Engineering Department has a strong Mentor-Mentee Process. There is one to one interaction between students and teachers.
- There is project and research based learning classes by using audio visual aids.
- Regular internship for students after every year for exercising them into their respective fields.
- More emphases on practical rather than theory classes so following are fully equipped and working labs –
Add on Courses:
- Aptitude Building
- Campus To Corporate
- Personality Development & Career Building
- Professional Ethics & Human Values
- Solid Works
Mechanical Engineering FAQs
Why Mechanical Engineering?
Mechanical engineers design and construct solutions to various issues, further developing proficiency across different businesses. Concentrating on mechanical engineering can anticipate great job possibilities, significant compensations, and changed work.
What are the basic traits required for a ME?
The basic traits you need to become an industry champ are
- Interpersonal skills
- Effective technical skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- Team Working skills
- Commercial awareness
To what extent does ME in EIT offer practical hands-on training?
Mechanical engineering is generally more hands-on than other engineering fields. At EIT, we give aspirants an opportunity for hands-on practice so the students can learn and grow.
What are the opportunities for students passing out with specialization?
After passing out from ME background, students can directly get placed as:
- Control and instrumentation engineer
- Contracting civil engineer
- Maintenance engineer
- Mechanical engineer
- Automotive engineer
- Aerospace engineer
- Nuclear engineer
- CAD technician