PEOs & POs
Department of Civil Engineering
Programme Educational Objectives for B.Tech in Civil Engineering (PEOs)
- To prepare students for making them competent engineers, who are fit for the Industrial environment in the field of Electronics and communication engineering particularly in the areas of design, application, installation, manufacturing, operation, and maintenance as required by their employers.
- To provide students with a sound foundation in the mathematics, scientific and engineering fundamentals of their basic subjects, so that they can formulate, solve and analyze any problem related to their field and make students smart enough to pursue higher studies and research.
- To develop the ability in students to analyze, simulate and fabricate electronic circuits and systems, and make their own projects using latest software tools and techniques.
- To provide an environment to the students, so that they can work in a group/team to achieve a creative objective or task.
- To prepare students for lifelong learning and incorporate professional ethics among them.
- To inculcate a habit in students to be aware of social concerns and impact of their work on the environment and humankind.
- To prepare them to be competent to bag high paying jobs in renowned organizations.
Programme Outcomes for B.Tech in Civil Engineering (POs)
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate their basic knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate the ability to design and conduct experiments, interpret and analyze data, and report results.
- The graduate will be able to design a system or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- Graduates will be able to function with multidisciplinary design teams.
- Graduates will be able to identify, formulate and solve electronics and communication engineering problems.
- Graduates will demonstrate an understanding of their professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Graduates will be equipped to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
- Graduates will have the confidence to apply engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental and societal contexts.
- Graduates turn capable of self-learning and have awareness for the up gradation of their knowledge.
- Graduates become well updated in their particular fields and have an understanding of the impact of engineering on society and demonstrate awareness of contemporary issues.
- Graduates will be familiar with modern engineering software tools and equipment utilized in the field of electronics and communication.
- Graduates will be able to compete in national level competitive examinations for higher studies.
- Graduates will be able to compete for a job in different fields.