It has been seen that Electronics and communication engineering is one such stream that is endeavored the most by the applicants every year.
The scope of this department is spread across various domains like radio & television, electricity plant, manufacturing, aviation & avionics, distribution, computer application, etc. Subsequently, it is fundamental to get ready for this exam appropriately.
Moreover, if you are going through this blog to gather information and look for the best electronics and communication engineering courses in college to help you crack GATE, this blog is for you.
Echelon is among the best institutes providing ECE courses and enables you to clear the GATE exam with practical and simple study strategies. So, let’s dive deeper and learn more about the ECE course and the study strategies.
Before hopping straight to the preparation plans, let’s comprehend the exam pattern, syllabus, and books. All these things play a vital role in preparation. As it is the most crucial part that most students miss, we suggest you hold on to your horses and take 5 minutes to read about them. It will help you a lot when preparing for the exam… It will even give an idea of how to prepare. Knowing the basics will help gather more information which will eventually help get good grades. So, let’s explore!
Exam pattern – Electronics and communication engineering
Below is the exam pattern for ECE Course:
- The mode of examination is online.
- The paper weighs 100 marks with 65 questions.
- The duration of the test is of 3 hours.
- For every wrong response of MCQ, 1/3 and 2/3 are deducted for two wrong responses.
- MCQ and NAT-based questions are asked in ECE.
- There is a negative marking for every wrong response in MCQ-based questions, but there is no negative marking in NAT-based questions.
- The paper is divided into three sections: Engineering Mathematics, General Aptitude, and Technical Subject.
As we have read about the exam pattern, now let’s have a look at the syllabus.
The Exam Syllabus for ECE
The ECE for GATE comprises of three areas, and the prospectus for every one of them is as per the following:
- Engineering Mathematics contains Linear algebra, probability & statistics, complex numbers, differential equations, transform theory, analytics mathematical strategies, and calculus.
- Topics like Verbal Ability and Numerical Ability are included in the general aptitude subject.
- The technical subject, i.e., ece contains topics like analog circuits, Electronic gadgets, communications, Networks, signals and systems, electromagnetics, and control systems are the subjects included in the ece technical subject.
Which Reference book would be best?
When selecting books for ECE GATE exam preparation, students should act wisely. They should pick the reference book containing information expressed in an easy way. Another important thing students should keep in mind while picking ECE books is that they should be from a credible source.
Now, let’s look at the most awaited topic. How to prepare for the exam…
Strategies to crack ECE GATE
Here is the study strategy plan that you should follow when preparing for GATE ECE
- While getting ready, the primary thing to remember is that the competitors should make an appropriate study plan or schedule. A precise plan will assist the applicant with studying daily and monitoring their timetable.
- Sort the crucial inquiries first. Investigate the earlier year’s question papers and split the fundamentals.
- Study as indicated by the weightage of each segment.
- Many applicants disregard or study the general aptitude or engineering mathematics without a second to spare. These areas should likewise be tackled from the very first moment.
- The applicants should recognize their assets and shortcomings in each subject. All the subjects need to be prepared correctly and according to the schedule.
- Step through mock examinations. Solve test papers and earlier years’ test papers. Find out about the exam pattern. Also, sort the inquiries to be asked in the exam.
- Another best practice is to make notes. And all these notes should be made from the beginning. If you go this way, you will make things simple for you.
- Lastly, revise the notes every day. If you keep on revising the notes, you will be in touch with every concept, eventually making your concepts strong.
- A proper study plan should be carried out to give you an idea of how much you need to prepare and where you need to invest your time.
Some of the reputed and best colleges for ECE in Delhi NCR take this exam in much consideration for the students in Electronics and communication engineering preparing for this exam.
Conclusion – Preparation Strategy for Electronics and Communication Engineering Students
So, above mentioned were some of the tips shared by experts in the department. All the information and strategy plan shared in this blog is tried and tested. If applied correctly, students can achieve good grades easily.
Furthermore, if you have any queries or want to know more about study strategy or regarding admission procedure in B.Tech ECE, you can, without a doubt, get in touch with us. To help every student accomplish their dreams, we have a dedicated department that helps people get all the information they are looking for.
Meanwhile, if you are planning to enhance your knowledge, you can explore our blog section., there we have covered many topics that will brush up your knowledge.