Humanities and Applied Sciences
The department of Applied Sciences & Humanities is committed to inculcate competence and proficiency in the students in the field of basic sciences, technology and personality development so that they can think critically & logically, communicate clearly, and live ethically. The department is also dedicated to provide fundamental education through promoting research in diverse and interdisciplinary field.
- To develop a strong scientific foundation through fundamental principles of physics, chemistry and mathematics to pursue a successful engineering carrier and to train the students to apply these basic principles in real world situation.
- To inculcate extraordinary analytical, logical, soft skill and ethical values in students to make them ready for corporate world.
- To integrate human values and social concerns with technical education.
- To promote and strengthen R & D programs with other technical institutions in India.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO):
- Fundamental Knowledge:Students will be taught the fundamental concepts of basic sciences necessary in industry, engineering practices as well as advanced study.
- Design Skills: Students will be prepared with problem solving skills, laboratory skills, and design skills for solving career related problems.
- Professional Skills:Students will be prepared as an effective team member with good communication skill, teamwork skills and an ethical behaviour necessary to ace in their careers.
- Specialization:Students will be prepared to pursue their career in respective branches of engineering and related interdisciplinary fields with a strong background in applied sciences and engineering.
- Self-Learning:Students will be prepared such that they will continue their profession with a habit of continuous learning and self-development through library resources, professional societies, journals, meetings, conferences, seminars, workshops, expert talks, industry interactions, etc.
- Sustainability:Students will be prepared to keep pace with the ever-changing scenario of the industry.
Program Outcomes (POs):
- Students will have knowledge of advance mathematics, physics, chemistry, software programming, drawing and design, manufacturing processes and communication skills.
- Students will design and conduct experiments, as well as analyse and interpret data.
- Students will design processes within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, health and safety.
- Students will work in multi-disciplinary teams to analyse and solve technical problems.
- Students will identify, formulate and evaluate engineering problems.
- Students will understand professional and ethical responsibility in practice always.
- Students will communicate effectively using oral, written and graphic forms.
- Students will have a broader perspective necessary to understand the global and social impact of basic sciences.
Welcome to the department that provides knowledge and tools that enable bright minds to become future engineers. The department aspires to mould the students into globally competent and well chiseled personalities who can continue with their journey towards becoming successful engineers in their respective fields. Highly qualified and competent faculty, requisite labs, smart classes and workshops provide an excellent teaching methodology for nurturing the students to be good human beings and developing in them, a scientific temperament along with creative, logical, analytical thinking skills. The students are armed with skills to explore the technologies of the future.
Dr. Anupama Jain is a Professor of English, Department of Humanities & Applied Sciences. A Doctorate in English, Anupama Jain has wide experience of teaching and training students in soft skills and communication. She has done post-graduation in English literature and M.Phil in the same domain. Her doctoral research focused on Indian Sensibility in the fiction of R.K.Narayan. She has the credit of publishing various research papers in national and international journals. Besides, she has also presented papers at the international as well as national conferences. Dr. Jain has attended numerous workshops and seminars on literature, linguistics, education policies, inter-personal communication, communication skills and personality development. She is the recipient of the prestigious Prof. C.L.Bahl Memorial Award in 2015 during her tenure at Delhi College of Technology and Management (Haryana) which is given in recognition of overall excellence and for exhibiting highest levels of dedication and achievement. She has served in prestigious institutes including Career Institute of Technology & Management (Currently, MRIIS) and Apeejay College of Engineering (Currently Apeejay Satya University). Dr. Jain zealously interacts with the students through regular classroom lectures and Personality Development programmes in addition to delivering guest lectures. Her areas of interest are: Indian Writings in English, content development and writing, personality development, English language teaching, and business & technical communication.
ENGINEERING PHYSICS LAB
The physics lab basically consists of four labs (Electromagnetic Theory lab, Semiconductor Lab, Mechanics lab and Optics Lab) for various branches of first year as per the Syllabus of JC Bose University of Science & Technology. The lab is equipped with facilities for the group of 30 students to carry out experiments independently. The labs are well-equipped and enables students to understand the fundamentals of Engineering Physics.
Major Equipment in Engineering Physics Lab are:
Hall Effect experiment, Dielectric constant experiment, PN diode kit, Zener Diode kit with voltage regulator, Planks Constant Apparatus, Solar cell apparatus, Newton’s ring experiment, Diffraction Grating, Michelson Interferometer, He-Ne Laser, Air track experiments, Bar Pendulum, Spring constant experiment, Maxwell’s needle, Torsion Pendulum and Sextent.
ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY LAB
The Engineering Chemistry Lab has a wide range of equipment as per the latest syllabus of JC Bose University of Science & Technology. The lab is aptly prepared to impart education in Chemistry in a neatly designed, spacious and well-ventilated laboratory with a capacity to accommodate 30 students. The lab is aesthetically designed with Marble slabs, separate basins and dedicated space to keep all the salts and chemicals.
It provides students with a practical approach towards the various techniques used in engineering application. Practical awareness is inculcated and students are trained both quantitatively and qualitatively during the lab sessions so that their understanding and problem solving abilities can be enhanced.
Major Equipment in Engineering Chemistry Lab are:-
UV-Spectrophotometer, Digital Conductivity Meters, Flame Photometer, Redwood Viscometers, Pensky Marten’s Flash & Fire Point Apparatus, Electrical Balance, Distillation Unit, Digital pH Meters, Oven etc.
The language lab caters to the syllabus of JC Bose University of Science & Technology. The main objective of the Language Lab is to develop students’ communication skills in English. Communication lab is helpful to enrich the discourse competence, to prepare the learner to be able to produce contextualize written text and speech. Many students are hesitant to come on the dais. The lab is equipped with SANAKO software to train them to overcome hesitation and use language effectively so as to face interviews and participate in group discussions, public speaking etc. It enables them to learn better pronunciation through stress on word accent, intonation, and rhythm. It is also helpful to cultivate the habit of reading passages from the computer monitor and initiate them into greater use of the computer in resume preparation, report writing, format-making etc. thus providing them with the required facility to face computer-based competitive exams.