This department was established during the inception of the institute in 2007 as the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE). The primary objective of the department has been to impart quality education, training, and research in various areas of Electronics and Communication Engineering with a specific focus on professional ethics. The Department runs a 4-Year B.Tech. Programme in Electronics And Communication Engineering (ECE) with intake of 120 seats and is affiliated with MD University, Rohtak, approved by AICTE, New Delhi.
The Department has experienced and dedicated faculty with a strong commitment to engineering education who work with zeal and enthusiasm to provide a vibrant and optimum learning environment. To keep pace with the current technological trends, the department has well-designed labs with all advancements in existing and emerging technologies which gives the students a holistic and pragmatic view of the present scenario of the Electronics and Communication industry. The Department provides access to high-end software like PSPICE, Xilinx, and MATLAB. By liaison with the industry, major research establishments, and learning societies, the department ensures that our courses continue to meet the changing needs of the professional world.
Technical co-curricular and extracurricular activities of students include participation in paper presentation, workshops, seminars, quizzes, technical competitions. The department also ensures students’ participation in cultural activities through various clubs and events in the institute. To provide a platform for sharing knowledge with researchers, practicing engineers, academicians, and students, there is a deliberate focus on latest developments in the field that center around electronics, communication, computer and IT, the department regularly organizes a National Conference on New Paradigms in Electronics, Communication, and Computing (NCNPECC).
Our outcome-based educational system ensures that students are delivered quality technical education so as to respond to the rapidly changing social and economic environment. Each year, our students also qualify the GATE and CAT exams with high percentile. A wide range of opportunities for students is available in the private, public, government and defense sectors working in various avenues such as Telecommunication, Biomedical, Aerospace, Robotics & Automation, Computer, and Manufacturing etc.
“To create competent electronic professionals having ethical and moral values, ability to solve real-world problems and capability to adapt the rapid changes occurring in the technology.”
- To ensure sufficient technological exposure to the students in order to create tech-savvy professionals.
- To regularly update the labs keeping in view the requirements of the current industry scenario.
- To extend effective counseling and career guidance facility to the students to help them achieve their goal.
- To have well qualified and competent faculty to impart quality technical education.
- To encourage the faculty and staff to pursue higher education and research.
- To empower the faculty and staff to participate in seminars and workshops to keep themselves abreast of the state-of-the-art technology.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To prepare students for making them competent engineers, who are fit for the Industrial environment in the field of Electronics and communication engineering, particularly in the areas of design, application, installation, manufacturing, operation, and maintenance as per their employers’ requirements.
- To provide students with a sound foundation in the mathematics, scientific and engineering fundamentals of their basic subjects so that they can formulate, solve and analyze any problem related to their field and make students smart enough to pursue higher studies and research.
- To develop the ability in students to analyze, simulate and fabricate electronic circuits and systems, and make their own projects using latest software tools and techniques.
- To provide an environment to the students, so that they can work in a group/team to achieve a creative objective or task.
- To prepare students for lifelong learning and incorporate professional ethics among them.
- To inculcate a habit in students for being aware of social concerns and impact of their work on the environment and mankind.
- To prepare them to be financially competent to bag high paying jobs in renowned organizations.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate their basic knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate the ability to design and conduct experiments, interpret and analyze data, and report results.
- The graduate will be able to design a system or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- Graduates will be able to function with multidisciplinary design teams.
- Graduates will be able to identify, formulate and solve electronics and communication engineering problems.
- Graduates will demonstrate an understanding of their professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Graduates will be equipped to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
- Graduates will have the confidence to apply engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental and societal contexts.
- Graduates will be capable of self-learning and build awareness for continuous addition to their knowledge.
- Graduates will be well updated in their fields and will have an understanding of the impact of engineering on society and demonstrate awareness of contemporary issues.
- Graduates will be familiar with modern engineering software tools and equipment utilized in the field of electronics and communication.
- Graduates will be able to compete in national level competitive examinations for higher studies.
- Graduates will be able to compete for a job in different fields.