PEOs & POs
Department of Computer Science & Engineering
Programme Educational Objectives for B.Tech in CSE (PEOs)
- Preparation: To ensure that the students apply their knowledge and multifarious skills to excel in their career and to continue their education in computer science and related postgraduate programmes.
- Core Competence: To provide the students with Core Competence in mathematical, scientific and basic engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, analyze and solve hardware/software engineering problems and/or also to pursue advanced study and research.
- Technical Competence: To provide in-depth knowledge to the students in core areas of Computer Science and related engineering fields so as to comprehend engineering trade-offs, analyze, design, and synthesize data and technical concepts to create novel products and solutions for the real-life problems.
- Professionalism: To inculcate high professionalism and ethical standards in students, develop effective oral and written communication skills to make them effectively work in teams on multidisciplinary projects and diverse professional environments and related engineering issues pertaining to the society, global economy and to emerging technologies.
- Learning Environment: To provide awareness of the life-long learning needed for a successful professional career and to introduce them to written ethical codes and guidelines, demonstrate excellence, leadership and inculcate good citizenship.
Programme Outcomes for B.Tech in CSE (POs)
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, probability, statistics, science, electronics, electrical and mechanical engineering as in fields relating to computer science and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to organize, analyze and interpret data to produce meaningful conclusions and recommendations.
- An ability to design hardware and software systems, components and processes to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability.
- An ability to responsibly work individually and in a team and to function among multi-disciplinary professionals.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve computing problems, accounting for the interaction between hardware and software.
- An understanding of professional, legal, ethical issues and responsibilities.
- An ability to communicate effectively in speech and in writing the documentation of hardware and software systems.
- An ability to understand the impact of engineering solutions on the environment, economy and social issues both from the local and global perspective.
- Demonstrate the ability to acquire new knowledge in the computing discipline and to engage in life-long learning.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues in the social sciences and humanities using computational tools.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for computer engineering practice.
- An ability to compete in National level competitive examinations for higher studies and jobs.
- An Ability to acquire entrepreneurship and leadership qualities.