The vision of the department is to create competent computer professionals having ethical and moral values, an ability to solve real-world problems and capability to adapt the rapid changes occurring in technology. The department has a state-of-the-art infrastructure with latest hardware and software and focused on creative and innovative classroom teaching, teamwork, interpersonal communication skills, and research activities. Our Computer labs are equipped with i5, i3 and dual-core PCs with 4 GB / 2 GB RAM. All labs are fully networked through high-speed LAN with Cisco Routers and managed switches having Internet connectivity of 20 Mbps, 1:1, RF link along with Wi-Fi (ZyXEL). The computer labs include the following: Multimedia Lab, Data Base Management System Lab, Operating System Lab, Intelligent System Lab, Neural Network Using MATLAB, Visual Programming Lab, Project Lab, C++ Lab, Computer Graphics Lab, Data Structure Lab, Internet Lab, PC Lab, Object Oriented Programming Lab, Prolog Lab, Compiler Design Lab, Web Development & Java Lab etc.
The department has a team of well qualified and experienced faculty members to train students so that they can perform to their fullest potential and build leadership qualities. The department uses modern methodologies like interactive lectures, guided case studies, literature surveys and project work. To channelize the tremendous potential of the faculty members and students, the department organizes technical events, workshops, seminars and guest lectures by eminent personalities on a regular basis. Our alumni who are the backbone of our department remain in touch with faculty members and students via emails & electronics boards providing them with their support for ensuring the educational standards as per industry needs.
- Presented a paper A Review: Internet of Things in National Conference on Recent Trends in Science, Engineering, Information Technology & Management organized by Echelon Institute of Technology, Faridabad on 21-22 April 2017.
- Presented a paper An intelligent Spatial Aware Search Engine using Lucene and Solr in International conference in Advancement in Computer Engineering & Information Technology organized by Department of CSE, Integral University Lucknow on 12th March 2016.
- Manoj Wadhwa and Thirunavukkarasu K “Analysis and Comparison Study of Data Mining Algorithms using RapidMiner” International Journal of Computer Science, engineering and Applications, pp 9-21, Vol 6, No. 1, February 2016
“To create competent computer professionals having ethical and moral values, ability to solve real world
problems and capability to adapt the rapid changes occurring in the technology.”
- To ensure sufficient technological exposure to the students in order to create tech-savvy professionals.
- To regularly update the labs keeping in view the requirement of the current industry scenario.
- To extend effective counseling and career guidance facility to the students to help them achieve their goal
- To have well qualified and competent faculty able to impart quality technical education.
- To encourage faculty and staff to pursue higher education and research.
- To encourage faculty and staff to participate in seminars and workshops to keep themselves abreast of the state-of-the-art technology.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Preparation: To ensure that the students apply their knowledge and multifarious skills to excel in their career and to continue their education in computer science and related postgraduate programmes.
- Core Competence: To provide the students with Core Competence in mathematical, scientific and basic engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, analyze and solve hardware/software engineering problems and/or also to pursue advanced study and research.
- Technical Competence: To provide in-depth knowledge to the students in core areas of Computer Science and related engineering fields so as to comprehend engineering trade-offs, analyze, design, and synthesize data and technical concepts to create novel products and solutions for the real-life problems.
- Professionalism: To inculcate high professionalism and ethical standards in students, develop effective oral and written communication skills to make them effectively work in teams on multidisciplinary projects and diverse professional environments and related engineering issues pertaining to the society, global economy and to emerging technologies.
- Learning Environment: To provide awareness of the life-long learning needed for a successful professional career and to introduce them to written ethical codes and guidelines, demonstrate excellence, leadership and inculcate good citizenship.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, probability, statistics, science, electronics, electrical and mechanical engineering as in fields relating to computer science and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to organize, analyze and interpret data to produce meaningful conclusions and recommendations.
- An ability to design hardware and software systems, components and processes to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability.
- An ability to responsibly work individually and in a team and to function among multi-disciplinary professionals.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve computing problems, accounting for the interaction between hardware and software.
- An understanding of professional, legal, ethical issues and responsibilities.
- An ability to communicate effectively in speech and in writing the documentation of hardware and software systems.
- An ability to understand the impact of engineering solutions on the environment, economy and social issues both from the local and global perspective.
- Demonstrate the ability to acquire new knowledge in the computing discipline and to engage in life-long learning.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues in the social sciences and humanities using computational tools.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for computer engineering practice.
- An ability to compete in National level competitive examinations for higher studies and jobs.
- An Ability to acquire entrepreneurship and leadership qualities.