The department of civil engineering offers a four-year B.Tech degree programme in civil engineering with current sanctioned intake of 120 students.
The vision of the department is to create high-quality civil engineers who can uplift the quality of life by providing a sustainable environment to the society through the creation of excellent infrastructure and public health facilities and adapt quickly to the rapid technological changes without sacrificing their ethical and moral values.
The mission of this department is to provide the best teaching and learning environment and to ensure sufficient technological and software exposure to the students by providing them superior quality modern civil engineering laboratories. The department ensures their lifelong learning through effective counseling & also helps them to achieve their career goals by guidance from highly qualified faculty members.
The department of civil engineering makes every effort to produce great civil engineers who can perform all across the world. The department is equipped with all the modern civil engineering laboratories which enable the students to correlate their theoretical knowledge with practical experience. The department focuses on creative and innovative classroom teaching, teamwork, interpersonal communication skills, and research activities. The department uses modern methodologies like interactive lectures, guided case studies, literature surveys and project work for teaching.
The department of civil engineering has well qualified and experienced faculty that continues to strive loftier by exploring new frontiers of knowledge and imparting the latest technical knowledge to the students. The faculty members are actively involved with students to guide, motivate and train them in achieving their professional goals. The Department organizes free of cost in-house summer training for civil engineering students to impart industry knowledge required for building designing skills.
B.Tech. Full time – 4-year graduate degree program.
The above program is approved by AICTE, Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India and affiliated to M D University, Rohtak.
“To create quality mechanical engineering professionals having ethical and moral values who are able to solve real-life technological problems and possess the ability to adapt to the rapid changes occurring in technology sector and serve the society as technocrats, innovators, academicians & entrepreneurs”
- To ensure sufficient technological exposure to the students in order to create tech-savvy professionals.
- To maintain high-quality labs and workshops as per the requirement of current industry scenario.
- To impart adequate CAD/CAM exposure to nurture designing skills of students.
- To ensure effective counseling and career guidance facilities to the students to help them achieve their goals.
- To motivate the students to participate in the national level examinations such as GATE/CAT/Engineering Services etc.
- To encourage faculty & staff members to participate in seminars and workshops for their awareness of state-of-the-art technology.
- To encourage the faculty & staff members to pursue higher education and research.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To prepare students for making them competent engineers, who are fit for the Industrial environment in the field of Electronics and communication engineering particularly in the areas of design, application, installation, manufacturing, operation, and maintenance as required by their employers.
- To provide students with a sound foundation in the mathematics, scientific and engineering fundamentals of their basic subjects, so that they can formulate, solve and analyze any problem related to their field and make students smart enough to pursue higher studies and research.
- To develop the ability in students to analyze, simulate and fabricate electronic circuits and systems, and make their own projects using latest software tools and techniques.
- To provide an environment to the students, so that they can work in a group/team to achieve a creative objective or task.
- To prepare students for lifelong learning and incorporate professional ethics among them.
- To inculcate a habit in students to be aware of social concerns and impact of their work on the environment and humankind.
- To prepare them to be competent to bag high paying jobs in renowned organizations.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate their basic knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate the ability to design and conduct experiments, interpret and analyze data, and report results.
- The graduate will be able to design a system or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- Graduates will be able to function with multidisciplinary design teams.
- Graduates will be able to identify, formulate and solve electronics and communication engineering problems.
- Graduates will demonstrate an understanding of their professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Graduates will be equipped to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
- Graduates will have the confidence to apply engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental and societal contexts.
- Graduates turn capable of self-learning and have awareness for the up gradation of their knowledge.
- Graduates become well updated in their particular fields and have an understanding of the impact of engineering on society and demonstrate awareness of contemporary issues.
- Graduates will be familiar with modern engineering software tools and equipment utilized in the field of electronics and communication.
- Graduates will be able to compete in national level competitive examinations for higher studies.
- Graduates will be able to compete for a job in different fields.